Stacy Friedman has been providing courts and regulators with expert gaming and software technology testimony since 2005. He has been involved in matters including:
- patent infringement litigation in cases involving bingo methods, slot machines, interactive online gaming, lottery systems, historical horse race systems, mobile gaming, PC gaming, and console gaming;
- misappropriation of trade secrets including allegations of software theft;
- criminal activity related to casino operations; and
- gaming machine malfunctions.
Notable matters include:
- At the request of the Mississippi Gaming Commission in a case involving alleged cheating at gambling, Stacy provided statistical evidence of cheating as opposed to random outcomes. An indictment was handed down by the grand jury.
- At the request of Fish & Richardson representing the defendant in “HomeBingo v. Multimedia Games”, Stacy provided infringement and validity analysis of plaintiff’s patent claims. The case was settled in the defendant’s favor after the judge opined that the defense construction was “in all respects, proper.”
- At the request of Helmer & McElyea on behalf of their client in an alleged slot machine jackpot malfunction, Stacy provided analysis of gaming machine forensic reports. The client received a satisfactory settlement.
- At the request of the Attorney General of the State of Alabama in a matter related to the compliance of electronic bingo machines, Stacy provided gameplay analysis and pre-litigation support.
- At the request of Stadheim & Grear representing the plaintiff in “Lottotron v. Allgames Casinos”, Stacy provided patent infringement damages analysis and testimony at a damages hearing. The plaintiff was awarded damages in excess of $14M.
To request more information or a C.V. and case history, please contact us